We played this game for a few days. I tried to put the thing back on the doorknob, but he figured it out again. I decided that maybe he is old enough to follow my directions....that worked about 67% of the time. I started looking for new options then I found this....

This clock had the answers to all my problems. It was a clock, a nightlight, had an alarm on it and it changed colors. I figured it was worth a shot. The basic premise for me was that I could set the clock to change colors to green at an appointed time in the morning. This green would mean it was okay for Sam to leave his room and come find me.
We made a big deal about it coming in the mail and that when he got it, he would be able to see when it was okay to leave his room. He was way excited when it came. I didn't realize it "talks" to you as well. If you hit one of the "feet," it tells you what time it is. The next morning while working I heard the time over and over and over again when he was playing with it.
There is one major flaw with this clock.....the power cord is detachable from the back of the clock. So, when he decided to "play" with the clock, he reset the time and thus my "green means go" philosophy was out the door. I finally had to search out batteries as a back up and all is right with the world again!
Now, around 8:00 I hear the time being announced and when it turns green, I hear "It's green, it's green, it's green!" I think this is one of the best investments in the past few months for my sanity if nothing else. I'll just pray that the clock continues to do its job for a while longer!
No comments:
Post a Comment