We had a pretty low-key Father's Day this year. Full of taking it easy, watching golf and a little of the World Cup, hanging out with family and lots of ice cream! Saturday night I made Chris one of his favorites....risotto. I spiced it up a bit and made a lobster risotto version. He was very happy with this special ingredient. We also made some homemade peach ice cream, which, I have to say was very good! Sunday evening, we went over to my parents and had a lovely dinner, complete with more peach ice cream. Sam was in heaven all weekend long!
Sunday morning, I made Chris and Sam head out on the back deck before church to get a picture. It was already HOT and the sun was not cooperating with us at all. Needless to say, no good picture outside....
Then, we moved inside for another attempt. Here is a snapshot of them being silly together...which is more of what I deal with on a daily basis around here.
Sam made (with mom's help) this Father's Day "card." It was a homemade tape measure and when you pull out the "tape" it says "I Love You Thiiiiiiiiiiis Much!" That, paired with the special card Sam made at school was much appreciated by his daddy.
I was charged with bringing an appetizer and dessert to mom's for dinner Sunday night. I chose to make these cupcakes in honor of Father's Day. They are brownies designed to look like grills with various meats (on skewers, hot dogs, pork chops). They were a big hit with the family!
I thank God each day for the blessings in my life....especially the men that mean so much to me. Thank you to my daddy who has been such a great role model to me for these many years and always there to listen to his little girl and take care of her no matter what. Thank you to Chris who is such a wonderful father to my little boy. Sam is so fortunate to have you to look up to each and every day!
No comments:
Post a Comment