Sam has recently taken to letters and making words in a very cool way in the recent month. He likes to figure out the sounds of letters and spell words....sometimes real words, sometimes not so much. He loves to spell his name and frequently asks me how to spell other things so he can find the right letters. Sam has his own computer in my office. He wants to "do work" like I do. That means typing in his little world. He has become proficient at opening Word and typing words on the keyboard. It is really cool to see how his mind is always working and figuring out new things. He is so proud of his accomplishments!
When I get Sam from his nap, I frequently find that he has done something creative with his blocks, army men and animals. One day, I found that he had gone through his bucket of army men and put them in their own platoons on his own.
He LOVES his wooden letter blocks. I find them all over the house these days. He likes to make towers if he isn't putting the letters together to make words.
Flash cards lined up all over the floor are a common occurrence.
Trying to pass on his love of letters to baby brother.
Showing off his balancing skills.
He is getting pretty good at looking at pictures and recreating them in real life.
One evening, he disappeared downstairs for a long time. When I tracked him down, he had made these patterns all on his own. Not too bad.
Sam's a pretty smart kid. I love the fact that I'm able to be at home and help facilitate his love of learning and watch his mind work in new ways each day!
No comments:
Post a Comment