Yesterday was an increasingly difficult day for me at work....all kinds of drama that a pregnant woman shouldn't be faced with. With all the hormones working against me, I didn't have a chance in this world to get through the day without tears--a lot of tears. Chris is so understanding. He came home, did some yard work outside and said one thing to me and the tears started again. He is such a blessing to me. He knows what to say to calm me down and bring me back to reality. Sometimes, the best thing he can do is just let me cry, listen to the drama and just be there for me. I appreciate this quality in him.In addition to listening to my issues and deal with whatever I'm facing, Chris will do just about anything to bring a smile to my face. We were in Franklin taking a childbirth class. Over lunch, I asked him if he would take me to Sonic to get some ice cream (one of the few things that I long for on a consistent basis). He finally agreed that he would take me after class was over. As we are leaving the hospital, he drives right past the Sonic I thought we would go to. That was okay...there is another one on Moores Lane that we had a shot of driving past. We get on I-65 going toward the house, he drives right past the Moores Lane exit. At this point, I have no idea what Sonic he is planning on stopping at...but I still have faith that it is going to happen some way, some how.
We get off at Concord Road, still heading toward our house. No word has been mentioned about Sonic, I am beginning to think of clever things I can say to Chris when we pull into the driveway...and how soon I can get in my car and drive myself to the nearest Sonic or Dairy Queen. About half-way to the house, Chris looks at me...remembering his promise. In the end, he drives all the way back to Moores Lane (behind the slowest driver in the world--for those of you who know Chris well, you can imagine what his thoughts and feelings were at that time). We ended up at the Sonic and I got my Sonic Blast that I was looking forward to!
I don't know what I would do without Chris, he is definitely my hero!
No comments:
Post a Comment