Okay...So I'm not even close to the Ace of Cakes status, but that doesn't mean that I don't aspire to do really cool cakes one day in the future! I just finished up my second course of cake decorating. This one was all about how to make different flowers. I learned how to make roses (again), mums, pansies, daffodils, violets, apple blossoms and my favorite....daisies. I've learned that I'm not very good when it comes to making flowers that I'm not sure what they should look like in real life. That being said, I don't think I did a horrible job. I only took pictures of my final cake.
Just in time for Spring and since I love daisies so much, I did a daisy cake with a couple apple blossoms sprinkled in for the heck of it. Be sure to notice the basketweave technique on the base of the cake (that took me at least an hour to do in class). Hopefully I will use my skills at some point in the future. Perhaps my grandma will get a beautiful cake this year for her birthday when we go visit in April. We'll see!
4 comments:
Looks good! I'm impressed!
It looks good to me, Tracy.
Wow, you did a great job!
hey, I do well to get my cakes out of a pan without them falling apart. This is stellar to me!
Post a Comment