Last week, Chris was off work and we took advantage of his time off by taking Sam to see ICE! This year it is all about Charlie Brown. We thought it would be fun to check out. I started hyping the event by showing Sam the Charlie Brown Christmas book later to be followed by the movie the night before we went. He says "Charlie Brown" and "Snoopy the Dog" all the time now.
So, I figured it would be cold, but for some crazy reason didn't really think it would be THAT cold!! Turns out they keep the place at 9 degrees. I feel a little bad subjecting my little one to such extreme temperatures. The poor thing was literally shaking all over by the end. He seemed to love it though. The pictures aren't the best quality....given the extreme temps and the fact I had gloves on the entire time.
Sam taking it all in. Awed by the fact that all this is ICE!
The wall of ice.
They have a wonderful ice slide for the little ones (and big ones alike). Sam LOVED the slide. He went down about 4 times or so---about all Chris and I could take since we slid down after him each time. Sam went down perfectly fine the first time. The 2nd time, he did some kind of awesome somersault at the end when he reached the carpet. The last time he went down, before I knew it, he had turned completely around and was going head-first (which is a no-no there). Somehow we all survived the experience!
Not the last time he will be in the dog house I'm sure.
His poor nose was so red and he was shivering all over. Somehow, in all that, we were hard-pressed to speed up the trip and get him out of there.
2 comments:
Looks like loads of fun! I liked your pirate cake too from the birthday party. Were the pirates edible?
We went thie year & loved it also! I didn't realize it was 9 degrees, but that explains why it was sooo stinkin cold!!
Post a Comment