I love doing crafty things...scrapbooking, card making, stamping, etc. The only problem is that I have NO TIME to do the things I love to do. It could have something to do with the fact I have a two year old in tow everywhere I go (not that I mind that at all). I had the opportunity to slip out of the house for a girls night earlier this month. We tried a place called Sip N Strokes. At this place, you start with a blank canvas and the teacher leads you through each step of your painting. Everyone in the class does the same painting, yet they have your own personal "spin" on them. It was SO MUCH FUN!!! I can't wait to go back again and try something else. We had a chance to do a Christmas painting the night we went.
I never have proclaimed to be able to paint. Don't get me wrong, I love to dabble in it, but ever painting anything I would hang in my house....not a chance. This teacher was really good and it was easy to follow along. You just have to get rid of your own doubts throughout the night and know that something good would come from the experience (something very hard for a perfectionist).
All of us showing off our art prowess.
The finished product hung proudly over the mantel. (I don't think it is too bad for my first attempt).
2 comments:
This is so cute!
I made it onto another person's blog...awesome! :)
Post a Comment