Saturday, July 24, 2010

Hot Air Adventure!

One thing I have always wanted to do is go up in a hot air balloon. It's one of those that's on my "bucket list." I can now officially mark it off of my list of things to do. This was a gift from Chris for our 5th anniversary. We met at 5:30 this morning as the sun was rising to begin our adventure.


We got to see them actually inflate the balloon in front of us. If you wanted to help out with the process, you weren't denied. My wonderful husband jumped in front and center.




The balloon was huge! I think they said it was about 115 feet tall and about 315,000 cubic feet inside.




It was a beautiful morning. There were at least 4 other balloons up at the same time we were.

We flew over Franklin for the most part.

We were at the mercy of the wind to figure out where we were going to land. We ended up landing at the very edge of a farmer's corn field.


Thank you Chris for this awesome experience. I had a wonderful time and look forward to doing it again some time in the future!

1 comment:

kristie said...

that is so awesome. good for you!!!!!