If you were to meet my son for the first time, the way he would introduce himself is, "I'm Buzz Lightyear." He would continue on and introduce Chris as "Woody" and yours truly as "Cinderella" (I'm not complaining about mine, I kind of like being a princess). Sam is infatuated with Buzz Lightyear (and Toy Story). Before we went to Disney World, we had decided to hold out and not see Toy Story 3 until Sam was potty trained...that was going to be his big reward for doing a good job. Needless to say, we never got to set foot inside a movie theater to see the show. He did however see the other two movies. He has them memorized.
While at Disney World, we did ALL THINGS BUZZ LIGHTYEAR and Toy Story. Here is a sampling...
Downtown Disney, Lego Store
Hollywood Studios, you get to actually meet Buzz Lightyear and Woody. Don't ask Chris how long we had to wait....it was worth it just to see Sam's reaction when we got to the end of the line and got to see them up close and personal. Along the line, there were opportunities to take some pictures to bide the time....
Ohhhhh! Ahhhh!
I was hoping for a better reaction other than a bit shy with fingers in the mouth, but hey, what can ya do?
Hollywood Studios, Toy Story Mania. I admit, a fun ride/game. I did it twice with Sam in the morning (thanks to a fastpass) and another time that evening with Chris in tow with us. The evening ride took A LOT LONGER to get through than first out in the morning.
I admit, I was a bit of a push over this week. For souvenirs, we pretty much went with all things Toy Story/Buzz. I think we left with a pair of Mickey Mouse shoes (NOT PLANNED and NOT wanting to buy--that's another story altogether), and a hat with ears....everything else centered around Sam's obsession.
The evil Zurg (who I think stole Sam's shoe on the Buzz Lightyear ride....thus making me buy the boy new Mickey Mouse shoes (mentioned above)).
On the first day at Magic Kingdom, we rode Buzz Lightyear 2 times. The last day of our trip, I asked Sam what he wanted to do....his answer...."Ride Buzz Lightyear." Thankfully it was that vs. Toy Story Mania. The last day, we rode this one 4 times back to back within about 45 minutes.
Snack time one day, Sam decided that Buzz and Woody needed some peanut butter crackers too.
One of the last nights, we decided we were too tired to hit a park again so we thought it would be a special treat to take Sam to his first movie. We caved in and took him to Toy Story 3 in 3D. It was pretty great I have to admit. Now, we will have to figure out something else to use in the potty training realm, but that is okay. He was SO EXCITED when he figured out he was going to see the movie and I think he really liked it.
I know he doesn't look real excited here, but the poor kid had been sitting through all kinds of previews and commercials before the big show actually started.
1 comment:
Tell Buzz I'm glad he had so much fun!
Post a Comment