Monday, November 15, 2010

Pulling Together Our Buzz Extravaganza

So, in order to pull off the Buzz themed birthday party I had to come up with some decorations of course! This was a fun party to put together. We have tons of toys around the house and I was sure I could put them to good use for the extravaganza! This post is all about how I put everything together (for those of you who care)....

Dessert table.

Our food menu consisted of:
Pizza Planet Pizza
Green Alien Punch
Hamm Roll Ups
Planet Zurg Sausage Balls
Mr. Potato Head Kettle Chips


Buzz Lightyear himself.


I decided to pick up an etch a sketch (the first time in many, many years) and see if I could pull off a Happy Birthday greeting. This was my first attempt, although I feel I could have done a better job....I didn't think I had the patience to try it over and over again.


Buzz Lightyear and Green Alien cupcakes.




Monkeys were hanging from the chandelier along with some green army men who parachuted in. I also had monkeys hanging out trying to reach the food in the kitchen.


The kid's table. I was able to find this representation of "Andy's room" to cover the table with.


The mantle.



Since mom couldn't find our ABC blocks from childhood, I finally tracked down some to use. I love the army men protecting the message!



I really wanted to put a picture/poster/something above the fireplace that went with the theme. While we were at Disney this summer, we did a lot of Toy Story related stuff and Sam was the famed character for Halloween. I had lots of pictures that I could use for a poster. I was really happy how this turned out (I may do something like this in the future with family pictures during the year).

1 comment:

vergne said...

You are always so creative with your party food and decorations. You did a wonderful job! So cute! I loved the table covering too and the collage that you put together of pictures. Happy B-day to Sam!

Paula