When I found out my best friend was getting married in June, I was over joyed! At the same time, I knew I wanted to throw a shower for her too. Looking at the calendar, it became blazingly apparent to me that I had to figure something out really soon! The fact that baby Isaac is due to make his appearance in this world around the last part of April/beginning of May, I didn't want to put off the shower. With the help of my wonderful mother and another friend, we were able to pull it off this past weekend.
We got a new camera recently and I've decided I'm really good at taking pictures of inanimate objects and my son when I can concentrate on what I'm doing. When it comes to live action shots at events, I'm not so good. I failed to actually take pictures of people in attendance and was lucky to take some pictures of Pam opening gifts. So, this post will be all about the decorations :-)
This past week I had so much fun spending time in my craft room putting together everything for Saturday. We concentrated on a flower theme....since my life is inundated with all things boy around here these days.
I made these flowers for the front door windows.
The food table....thanks to mom and Kathi!
I made these "flower balls" as Sam liked to refer to them. He had lots of fun helping me make them for Pam and got REAL upset when I ran out of material to finish them up one night. Beside that is one of the invitations that I framed for decoration.
I tried my hand at putting together some "subway art" that I've seen on different websites. I like the look of it and it was fun putting it together for Pam and Chris.
Of course, I volunteered for cupcake/dessert duty at the shower. I made cupcakes and the daisies sitting on top of them and then found a new and exciting way to display them.
I made a cupcake bouquet that sits in a terra cotta pot. It was really cute if I do say so myself :-)
All in all, it was a wonderful day and I think everyone had a great time celebrating with Pam in anticipation of her big day sometime in June!
No comments:
Post a Comment