Growing up, I remember having a sandbox in our back yard that my brother and I would play in all the time. In reminiscing, I thought....wouldn't it be fun for the boys to have one too? Enter my wonderful husband. I brought it up, showed him a couple different design ideas and he got to work. He worked so fast, I didn't get a chance to document that he actually did all the hard work! Sam LOVES the sandbox and Isaac hasn't willingly stepped foot inside it yet. He is getting braver and braver each time we head out there though. I predict by the fall, he will be all over it!
 |
| Sand ready to go in. |
 |
| Chris added a little seat in the corner and a tube where I can put a beach umbrella. It has also been doubling as a place for our tiki torch in a vain attempt to keep mosquitoes away from our humble abode. |
 |
| Sam's first look at the work of art! |
 |
The closest Isaac will get is standing outside the box and playing in the sand (I think avoiding Sam throwing sand is a major priority for him). |
 |
| I have learned that baby powder is my new best friend with this new outdoor toy. At the end of play time, I sprinkle the powder on the boys and the sand comes right off. Thanks to Pinterest for another great tip! |
No comments:
Post a Comment