Each year, the problem presents itself...I want to see fireworks but Chris hates crowds. That is a problem on this very patriotic holiday that I enjoy celebrating. Last year we came to a compromise and went to Mt. Juliet to see the fireworks show out there with friends. The show was good so we decided to go back again this year.
Thursday night consisted of going to Hermitage and seeing the Nashville Shores fireworks display from a friend's condo on the lake. That was a good night. Sam stayed awake for the entire excursion. Friday afternoon we went to a friend's house in Mt. Juliet. We cooked out and then headed out to see the display there. Another good show--a cooperative baby (for the most part) and fun hanging out with our friends.
The down side was how long it took us to get back to our friend's house. We travelled back roads, but the police didn't like the idea of us going against all the traffic for some reason. We had to travel way out of our way to get back. That part wasn't so much fun. Hopefully Chris will continue to brave the crowds with me again next year! I hope everyone had a fun and safe 4th!

Daddy's Little Firecracker!
Sam is playing with Jordin. She is one month younger than him. I wish I had taken some close-up pictures so everyone could see how big our boy is in comparison to her. They had a good time pawing at each other throughout the night.
I'm not sure what is going on with Sam's neck in this one. I'm just thankful he looked at the camera!
While watching the fireworks with Chris, Sam would reach out as if he was trying to grab the explosions from the sky. It was really cute to watch!
You can tell that it is getting late. Sam is normally in bed by 8:00 each night. This was the 2nd night in a row that he decided to stay up way past his bedtime. There was too much action for him to go to sleep!
Daddy and his firecracker!
No comments:
Post a Comment