Okay....maybe I'm a little over dramatic. Today was Sam's first day of Mother's Day Out. He will be going twice a week which in turn will enable me to get a lot of work done (hopefully). I have been anxiously awaiting this day. I was very excited and very nervous at the same time. Nervous about how he will do without me (more like how I will do without him). It's not like I've never left him anywhere. My parents are gracious enough (I don't really have to convince them) to watch Sam every now and then, he does the nursery at church and at Bible study. He is accustomed to chillin' with others his age, etc. Somehow, this was a little different for me.
The morning was a little touch and go when I dropped him off. I went into the classroom to figure out what I'm supposed to do each morning. I let him play in the floor with a toy. Before I knew it, as I was talking with one of the teachers, Sam was standing at my feet with a major death grip around my legs and cries beginning to take shape. I think all the busyness and extra people around him took him off guard since he isn't normally like that. I took that as my cue to get out of Dodge.
Once I was home, my anxiety took second chair and I was able to hammer out a lot of work that I normally wouldn't be able to do unless he was napping. Before I knew it, it was time to go get him. The ladies said he did a really good job, that he was a "joy." That makes me feel good (then again, they probably say that to all new moms who need that reassurance--and that is okay with me). The one comment they had to make was that "he is a big eater." I told them that he stops for no one. I forgot to warn them about this characteristic of my baby boy. I guess not all kiddos eat as quick as Sam. All went well and I'm looking forward to Thursday to see if my "joy" does as well the 2nd day!
No comments:
Post a Comment