Chris grew up on a farm in Crossville. The full nine yards, animals, lots and lots of land, hay, etc. I, on the other hand am definitely a city girl. Grew up on a busy street with all kinds of shopping nearby and downtown about 5 miles away. Anything that involves the outdoors, I'm pretty fascinated with. Especially when I have a chance to go out to a farm and spend time in a corn maze, hayride and shop for fall "stuff." Since Chris grew up with all this stuff right outside his door, it has taken a little bit of coaxing to just humor me.
This weekend, we had the chance to go to The Ring Farm with a group of friends. It's just a farm out in Columbia. Lots of land, an infamous corn maze, slides for the kids, pumpkins and mums for the adults. And, of course, a hayride and bonfire. We had a great time hanging out and meeting a bunch of new folks as we sat around the fire and roasted hotdogs and marshmallows. Thanks for putting everything together Andy and Kathy!
It was a little warm when we first arrived, I wasn't really counting on that. I had Sam in a long sleeved shirt plus another shirt underneath. The sun was still out and he hadn't eaten yet. This wasn't his finest moment of the early evening.
Sam did however enjoy the pumpkins.
This is probably the closest Sam will get to driving a tractor (anytime soon that is). Chris' dream is to have a house with enough land that he can have his own tractor (or at the very least, a zero turn riding lawn mower--the things that make boys happy--I'll never fully understand).
I'm still not sure what is going on with Sam's head here, but I thought it was kind of cute nonetheless.
The corn maze. We should have planned a bit better....the stroller wasn't an effective mode of transportation, Sam wouldn't ride around in the little wagons they had at the farm, we didn't bring the Baby Bjorn thing with us....that left us with only one option left....to carry the not-so-little one EVERYWHERE. He gets a bit heavy after a while. I'm glad Chris was there to relieve me and vice versa!
This is our usual, let's try to take a picture by holding the camera out in front of us. I've found it is a bit harder with a little person with us. Trying to get him in the shot with us is a bit of a challenge.
Way past Sam's bedtime. On the way back to the car on the hayride. By the way....Chris said this is the first hayride he has been on that was not useful or practical. His idea of a hayride is actually cutting hay or baling it (another thing I'm totally fascinated about). I love this time of year. When I see a farmer harvesting something, I have one million questions that I'm sure Chris gets real tired of real fast. I figured that is as close to a farm as I plan on getting.
4 comments:
I've heard that's a fun place! Looks like you had a nice time.
Paula
I've heard that's a fun place! Looks like you had a nice time.
Paula
I've heard that's a fun place! Looks like you had a nice time.
Paula
It was fun! Sam looked like he had a blast. I still can't believe that he's so big.
Post a Comment