It's no secret that Chris and I are big people. When I say big, I guess I really mean tall. Chris is 6'5" and I'm 6'3". For those of you who know my dad, he is 6'9". Our son was destined to be tall (we hope anyway). As of his 12 month checkup, Sam was registering well over the 97% in height.
It's no secret that Chris and I love sports (of all kinds). Chris especially LOVES football. We go to as many football games as possible and have tickets to the Nashville Predators hockey team. Sam accompanies us to all the sporting events and is subjected to watching them at home as well. We hope to pass along our love and passion for sports on to our son one day (though we would both be equally proud to have a world renowned pianist or the like if sports isn't his "cup of tea").
In hopes of starting him off early (more like in hopes of finding something he can wear himself out on and go to sleep), for Christmas, we got Sam an indoor play-set. It is really pretty cool. It has a soccer goal (for those of you who know Chris well, that was not a big selling point), a basketball goal (which makes my parents very happy) and a slide. We (actually Chris, bless his heart!), got it put together finally after all the Christmas decorations came down. The assembly of said indoor play-set is another blog entry altogether. All I can say is that I did the right thing and stayed out of the way (for the most part). When it was finally assembled, we brought Sam downstairs and his eyes lit up. He was so excited that there was something new for him to play with!
We started out on the slide. Since Sam isn't able to climb yet, Chris' post was at the platform and my post was at the bottom of the slide. I figured my main task/priority was to make sure Sam didn't hurt himself too badly. I counted it as a good day when injury was averted! Sam was hesitant at first, but then he got the hang of it and absolutely loved the slide. By the end, he was trying to get on the platform on his own...by trying to climb back up the slide. Fast forward a few days earlier.....he has almost accomplished his goal. I give him by the end of next week and we will be looking at some serious accidents falling back down the slide!
Once he had enough with the slide, we moved on to the basketball goal. We have the goal as high as it would go to "challenge" our little one. We soon learned that the height of the goal was no challenge to him after all! He can just stand there and dunk the ball. Once he figured what the end objective is...to get the ball in the net....he was all over it! Loving every minute! He is really quite good. I feel he has a definite future in basketball ;-) (mom, I'm sure you liked hearing that!)
Needless to say, we haven't really worked on the soccer part of the play-set yet. We promise--eventually! Right now, we are enjoying our baby boy doing what he wants to and just having fun all the way around!
3 comments:
Cute story, Trace. Also...I like the new bee-themed look of your blog. Nice touch!
Looks like he's having lots of fun!!
It looks like Sam is having a great time with his new indoor playset! It will be great with all of this cold weather. We have the ball popper toy now too and Abbie loves it!! It is cute to watch kids figure things out.
Paula
Post a Comment