I see him concentrating a lot more. One of the things he has started doing--which granted. seems like not a big deal to the rest of the world, but to us it is HUGE--he has stopped (maybe stopped isn't the word), he has curtailed his throwing of the sippy cup when he is done taking a drink. His booster chair has a little slot to rest your cup in. In the past week, he has FINALLY learned that his cup goes there. He will fumble around for a few seconds and eventually end it up there. He has learned that he gets praised A LOT for this small accomplishment. Again, as soon as he does it, he looks up to make sure that one of us noticed. When he gets that affirmation, he is all smiles and starts clapping.
Sam officially started walking a month ago. You should see him now...he is a running machine. He will just get up and go, even if he doesn't have anywhere to be! He likes doing laps around the living room, kitchen and dining room. He stops every once in a while to pester the dog (who by the way, is doing an excellent job handling the very mobile child). The cat, on the other hand, wants nothing to do with Sam. She was much happier when all he did was lay around and do a bunch of nothing! Walking is definitely his preferred mode of transportation, which does make it a bit easier for mommy and daddy. The fact that I don't ALWAYS have to carry him up and down the steps or from room to room is great! The fact that I can say "let's go take a nap" and he walks to his room or "let's go take a bath" and he walks to his bathroom--I'm loving it! He is so smart. I love watching him figure stuff out and grow into this boy that God has destined him to be. I pray that we never take these little things for granted and we enjoy each and every minute of each day!
1 comment:
One of your best post yet. Sam is lucky to have you as his Mom.
Post a Comment