Friday, April 26, 2013

First Lost Tooth!!

Sam lost his first tooth! We discovered it was loose on our cruise and have been waiting for the big day when it would come out. At dinner, dad asked Sam how his tooth was and he wiggled it a bit. The tooth was barely hanging on. We decided that it needed to come out before he ate his dinner or else it would be swallowed (not a good thing). 

Sam was game for the tooth being pulled. Dad's "great idea" was to get the needle nose pliers and pull it out quickly. No pain. Once the pliers made an appearance, Sam was no longer game for the tooth coming out. Lots of tears and trepidation about this tool making entrance into his mouth (who could blame him). In the end, I ended up going in with my fingernails and pulling it quickly. No big deal and Sam was a trooper! 

For his first tooth (and first tooth only), the tooth fairy was very generous to this 5 year old!

Sam's tooth fairy pillow. I would have loved to pass mine down to him but there were two issues with that....it is PINK gingam and it is in storage at the present moment. I know he wouldn't be a fan of anything pink. This is a much more "fun" pillow anyway. It has a place to put the date of each tooth lost...something he can treasure later in life (I hope).

No comments: