Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Bad Disciplinarian

I'm not so good at this discipline stuff. I have my good moments where I stand strong and do all that I think a mom should do, then I have my weak moments when I just give in to the moment. This morning was one of my "weak moments." Sam has the habit of getting out of bed and emptying his bottom two shelves of books. They are all over the floor. No matter how many times I tell him not to do it, the damage is done. First out this morning, I heard him on the monitor. I went to get him and he was sitting in bed with a book, with all the others on the floor. He immediately gets out of bed and says "back." He proceeds to put all the books back on the bookshelf. All I could do was stand over him and watch, telling him "Good Job" at the end. I didn't have the heart to punish him for getting them all out....after all, he knew he was going to be the one to put them back up I guess.

No comments: