Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My Little Yellow Room

So, as my release, I like to go into my little yellow craft room and find something crafty to do. I don't go in there often enough. I'm trying to rectify that one project at a time.

One of my new obsessions is Pinterest. If you haven't checked it out, you should! One day, I found a version of this project and new that I could easily make it happen. Here are the results...

Two of my favorite things, crayons and art. It was really pretty simple. All I needed was a glue gun, lots of crayons, an art canvas and a heat gun and this is what I got.



Sam was so excited when he saw mine hanging in the office, he immediately started begging me to do one too. It was a good lesson in color sorting for him. He decided what order he wanted and placed them accordingly. He chose to include the browns and blacks where I stayed with the basic rainbow.

For his teacher at the end of the Summer, Sam helped make a small version for her classroom. She LOVED it. A huge hit for teachers and an easy gift to put together!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I saw this on pinterest too! I love it. Yours turned out so great, we may have to try it ourselves!

Tracy said...

Most definitely Kathy! So easy!

vergne said...

Tracy, your project turned out great! That's great that Sam loves letters. It will make learning to read, etc. that much easier. =)

Paula