Thursday, March 6, 2008

Why have you waited so long??

I'm sure Sam has been thinking...."Why have you taken so long to start feeding me this good stuff? It's much better than plain milk!" About a month or so ago, we started feeding Sam cereal. He liked it okay...much better when I put some apple juice in it. Chris and I decided to try some real food with Sam this week. We tried bananas for the first time. Sam can't get enough of them. In between bites, he starts fussing because he wants more. The 5 seconds it takes to dip the spoon in the food and get it to his mouth is too long. I'm sure by the time we branch out to the veggies he probably won't be as enthusiastic...then again the boy does love to eat. He goes to the doctor in a couple weeks for his 4 month check up. I'm anxious to see how much he has grown. He certainly hasn't missed any meals!




Notice how we have to hold his hand down so he doesn't stick it directly in his mouth and get food all over himself and us! (if anyone out there has other ways to keep hands out of mouths during feeding, I'm all ears)


Daddy is a good model for Sam!

1 comment:

Lisa K. said...

He is too cute. Just let him stick his hands in his mouth with the food. It's the only time he'll be able to do it and still look cute. I know it will be messy, but that's what parents are for :) And thank you for your kind words. I can't tell you how much they've meant to me!