Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve has always been shared with my side of the family. The day is filled with lots of eating, Santa Claus making a real life appearance and opening of lots of presents. This year, my grandma, aunt, uncle and cousins made the journey from Indiana to join us for the festivities. We all had a grand time.

This was Sam's second Christmas, a very different experience from the first time around. Instead of sleeping the whole time in someone's arms, he was rambunctious as ever! Since Sam recently started walking, that is about all he does these days. He is into just about everything. Somehow, during the Christmas season, he miraculously stayed out of the Christmas trees and presents. It could have been all of the "no's" the first day. He just didn't want to hear anymore from his mommy and daddy.

The things we subject our children to. At least I didn't put a Santa outfit on him like I did last year. I think Chris would have definitely drawn the line!


This is my grandma and Sam. Sam would just grab grandma's hand and make her walk with him. It was pretty cute!


After dinner everyone journeyed upstairs to await the arrival of the guy in a big red suit. It was at this point I just let Sam do whatever he wanted around the tree. It seemed like Santa would never arrive and Sam was the point of attention by all the adults.


Sam handled this Santa experience very well I thought. Granted, he wouldn't go sit on his lap for any time. (here I'm trying to have Sam say "hi" to Santa)


Sam warmed up when Santa brought him his Elmo! He was very excited!


Sam had no trouble knowing what to do with the boxes.


As if Sam didn't have enough of his own presents to open, he got to help daddy with his!


Far be it for me to think that this blog has to center around Sam (I have a feeling most of the people who read this are my relatives so I feel compelled to have a multitude of Sam pictures for the masses), I had to add this one of my mom. This is a cross stitch project I started probably in high school. I finally finished it in time for Christmas 2008. Not to bad I have to say! Mom seemed to be very excited and surprised!


Me and my Grandma.


No comments: