Okay, maybe the title is a little misleading. I didn't really do anything in regard to what I'm going to write about. It all centers around the men in our family, specifically my brother and dad. David's engine decided to quit working Friday after Thanksgiving. Stranded on the interstate, my dad and a wrecker eventually came to his rescue. I don't think I've ever seen so much interest in pulling an engine and replacing it. I remember my dad buying old cars and restoring them to like-new condition while growing up. I guess grease and all the manual labor that goes into such things never really interested me.
My dad and brother (and I must give credit to my Uncle Doug and my husband) worked day in and day out to get the truck back in working order. Needless to say, the weekend filled with enjoying left overs, going to a movie and watching football was non-existent for the boys. Yet somehow, I got to enjoy the company of my grandma, mom and aunt doing various girly things during the weekend. We had lunch at a tearoom Friday afternoon and on Saturday afternoon went to see the Rockettes. I feel a bit guilty for enjoying my time with the ladies, but on the other hand, I am immensely thankful I had the time to spend with my grandma more than anything.
Here are a few pictures I stole from my cousin, Ben. Thanks for being the resident photographer this weekend!
This is probably one of my favorite pictures of all time. Reminds me of the workers you see on the side of the road huddled around the one guy that is actually doing the work.
One of the goals of the weekend was to teach Sam how to install a new engine. Daddy is giving him a crash course.
Our boy definitely likes to eat!!





2 comments:
The first photo definitely proves that it was a "Union" job! Dad, Doug and especially Chris were a great pit crew. I'm a very lucky guy. Thanks!
I'm sure it was a Thanksgiving none of the guys will ever forget. I happen to think Sam is one lucky kid to be learning how to rebuild an engine. This way, he won't be at the mercy of unscrupulous mechanics for the rest of his life.
Post a Comment