Friday, November 18, 2011

Aquarium of the Smokies

Another first for our family. We went to the Aquarium of the Smokies with the boys. We had some beautiful days that were filled with sunshine and warmth and then the sun decided to disappear and the rain made it to the mountains instead. It was a perfect day to be inside and checking out fish, penguins and other aquatic life. We had never been to this aquarium, the boys had never been to one before in their lives so this was a cool experience Sam was looking forward to ever since I brought up the fact we were going.


Isaac was mesmerized.

I opted to carry Isaac all day since Chris had done all the hard work pushing the stroller on our hike the day before. I thought it was the very least I could do for him.



I'm still not sure what possesses a person to dive with sharks on purpose.





Sam loved seeing all the fish from "inside" the tank.

It's like swimming with Nemo!

One of my favorites!



Some how Chris made it through the tube to go see the penguins up close an personal.

The penguins were Sam's favorite part of the day. Chris pointed out the names of all the penguins around them.


The only one brave enough to pet a sting ray. Sam wanted nothing to do with it. I was afraid I'd drop Isaac into the pool if I leaned over so that was my excuse ;-)


What a great day at the aquarium!

No comments: