Last week, we traveled to Walden Farm as a family to pick up a couple pumpkins for carving and some mums for the front porch. It was going to be strictly a "pick up and go" kind of trip since Sam was heading there on a field trip the following week. What can I say...my kid owns me. He wanted to try the maze....and then look at the animals....and then check out the water well...as good parents do, we accommodated him.
I love to look back and see how the boys have changed year to year...especially when it has to do with yearly traditions:
The maze is a pretty big deal to Sam. It's just a bunch of straw bales forming a maze that is easy to get through. The past two years straight, Sam would start the maze, get half way through it and turn around. Too scared to finish. I never thought it was a big deal to him, til this trip. He announced to us that he was going to go through the maze this time (I never really figured he remembered the other attempts, boy was I wrong). He started through, looking around tentatively and then actually finished! By the end, he had a HUGE SMILE on his face. He was so excited. He yelled "I did it!! I FINALLY did it!" He went through the maze about 3 more times, going faster every time. I'm so proud of him. With each passing year, he gains more and more confidence and likes to try new things. Such a fun age!
 |
| Lots of chickens. |
 |
| Every year they have to check out the turkey. |
 |
| I love this picture with the goat's tongue hanging out trying to find food. |
 |
| HUNGRY! |
 |
| He is fascinated by how things work. |
 |
| About as close as I can get to a shot with the two of them together. |
 |
| Another failed attempt at a good shot together. |
 |
| "What now?" |
No comments:
Post a Comment