Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sam's Playlist

It is amazing how much we learn through song and music. Each day, Sam's vocabulary is definitely picking up. Through what he hears his mommy and daddy say, his friends at school (Mother's Day Out), television, movies, radio, etc. Lately, Sam has really gotten into music and being able to sing the actual lyrics which has been a lot of fun. Here's a sampling of Sam's latest playlist....
  1. Life is a Highway....from Cars (by the way, Cars is his FAVORITE movie. I can't tell you how many times I've seen it or heard it over the past couple months.)
  2. Bad Boys....from Cops (the TV show)
  3. Take Me Out to the Ball Game (he's getting pumped up for baseball season)
  4. Zacchaeus (you know the "wee little man" you hear in Sunday school)
  5. Ring Around the Rosies
  6. YMCA
  7. Frosty the Snowman (we have some residual Christmas songs hanging out in his head and they won't go away)
  8. Ice, Ice, Baby
There are so many others, but these are his top choices right now.

Sam even teaches us songs at some point. The other night at dinner he kept singing...."5 little monkeys swinging from a tree"....something about an alligator (he's a little hard to understand in the middle of an actual verse--but he has the chorus down pat most times)...."then SNAP!" I looked it up online and figured out what he was singing. I played the YouTube video I found and his eyes lit up like....momma, you got it, good job! He's so smart and so fun to be around!

1 comment:

LB said...

Dr. Jean has some great CD's for little ones . . . this 5 little monkeys song is included on one. I love his variety of song choices! :)